It so happens the same time I grab myself a flat of strawberries my subscription to Eating Well magazine shows up pouring out strawberry delights. I want to share with you a salad that was super delish.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 spring onion or scallion, trimmed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of shopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or sugar (optional)
- 10 cups arugula (about 5 ounces)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Puree 4 strawberries and onion (or scallion) in a small food processor or blender until chopped. Add garlic, vinegar, oil, tarragon, salt, and pepper; pulse until well combined. If the dressing is to tart add agave or sugar to taste.
- Slice the remaining strawberries.
- In a large bowl toss the arugula and Feta cheese. Add the sliced strawberries and toss in the dressing.
While we are on the subject of yummy strawberry delights I have one more for you that my mom gave to me. I didn’t snap a picture but the name alone says it all.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts whole strawberries, capped and washed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- Pre-heat over to 350
- Melt butter and pour into a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
- Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer. Sprinkle cream cheese pieces over strawberries.
- Place in over and bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling. (Crust rises around the fruit while the fruit still peaks out.)
Please, help yourself and enjoy!