General Tsao Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, coconut, canola, vegetable)
- *4 chicken breast cut into thinly sliced pieces
- *1 cup Julian carrots
- *1 Red bell pepper cut into pieces
- *4-5 springs of broccolini
- 1 bottle of Trader Joe’s General Tsao Stir Fry Sauce
*give or take the measured amount depending on the amount of chicken you use or and your personal preference.
- Heat the oil in pan on medium heat, add chicken and cook thoroughly.
- Stir in all vegetables stirring consistently till your desired tenderness.
- Add in desired amount of stir fry sauce stirring consistently till coating chicken and vegetables.
- box or bag of Jasmin Rice
Your on your own here! Read the directions on the box/bag or the rice maker.
I use a rice maker because I do a really good job of messing up the rice.
Mandarin Salad with Candied Almonds
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 fresh mandarin oranges peeled and cut into bite size pieces, cuties preferred. If you cant find fresh you can use 2 11 ounce cans of mandarin oranges drained.
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted no salt.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ground black pepper to tast
- In large bowl combine lettuce, mandarin oranges and green onions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sugar and almonds in a small skillet/saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir while sugar starts to melt and coats almonds. Stir consistently till almonds a golden brown. turn onto a plate and cool.
- Combine red wine, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of sugar, red pepper flakes and black pepper in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously until sugar is dissolved.
- Break apart your almonds into topping size.
- Toss your salad with the dressing and sprinkle with almonds.