About 8 Months ago we met, who we now call our awesomely fun friends and started a tradition I would like to share.
Every time we go to each others house for dinner the rule is the host has to cook something they have never cooked before.
I do have to say this weekend topped it off with two amazing recipes.
If you you’re a food trucker then you’ll know this yummy dish.
Kogi BBQ Tacos
::Read all the way through before you start so you are prepared::
Kalbi (24 hr prep): Option A
- 2 lbs. flanken (Korean BBQ Ribs)
- 1 kiwi
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 green onions, green part only
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Peal the Kiwi and chop it up in the food processor
- Add all the remainder ingredients and mix together
- Put your meat in a bag and add the marinade. Marinade for 24hrs in the fridge
Kalbi Option B: Buy a pack of Trader Joes Bool Koji, no need to marinade and follow the remainder directions below.
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Asian grocery)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- mix together and set aside for later.
- 1-1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 5 green onions (white parts only) chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups Napa cabbage Shredded
- 3 cups romaine lettuce Shredded
- Mix together all ingredients except Cabbage and romaine. Set the mixture aside for later when you will add it to the cabbage and romain. (do not add to cabbage and Romain yet as it will get soggy)
- Grab your meet out of the fridge or your Trader Joe’s package and cook it on the grill till cooked though. They might caramelize so be careful you don’t burn it.
- After cooked on the grill chop it up into small taco sized pieces.
- Add the meat to a hot frying pan for a few minutes to render some of the fat, crystallize the sugars and softened the Grissel.
- Turn off the heat and set aside
- Mix together your Cabbage, Romain, and the ingredients you mixed for the Slaw.
- Corn Tortillas ONLY… NO flour tortillas.
- Heat your tortillas on the pan with a few drops of oil till warm not crispy OR
- Heat up your tortillas in a tortilla warmer
- Grab your tortilla
- dish your meet onto the tortilla
- Add some Slaw
- Drizzle your BBQ sauce on top
- Dig In
Fathers Office Burger
::Its not perfect but its damn close::
If you are familiar with the Fathers Office restaurant and you love the burger you can now enjoy it at home with this dandy recipe.