If you like peaches, Cucumbers and vinaigrette you will like this tasty salad
- 4 Persian cucumbers if you cant find these use 2 regular cucumbers.
- 2 medium peaches
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 c white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped sweet basil
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 c toasted almond slivers with no salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Chop the peaches and cucumbers into bite sized chunks (about 3/4″ to 1″). Cut the onion into thin 1″ slices, then combine with the cucumbers & peaches in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, water and sugar. Add the chopped basil and mint and mix well. Check for flavor and add a small pinch of salt if desired.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix well. Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
4. In the mean time, heat 2 tablespoons of sugar and almonds in a small skillet/saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir while sugar starts to melt and coats almonds. Stir consistently till almonds a golden brown. turn onto a plate and cool.
5. Once the almonds cool you can crush them to make smaller pieces (optional).
6. Grab salad out of the fridge. Add fresh ground pepper to taste and sprinkle a small amount of almonds on top right before serving.
Adding it to romaine lettuce also makes a great green salad.