- 2 pounds chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 table spoons curry powder
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green chilies, cut into strips (optional)
- minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 3-4 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- Combine all ingredients except the rice in a bowl and cover. Let marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Place the chicken and the marinade in a large saute pan. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook over medium heat for approx. 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Check it at 15 minutes, sometimes it cooks quicker depending on the stove. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate up some Jasmine rice and spoon your Chicken Tikka over the rice.