That means I am headed down the road to becoming a slave to my kitchen, which I’m totally not complaining, and Holden’s class will be treated with scrumdiddlyumptious goodies!!!!!
Calling all Spinach haters, I have a challenge for you!!!!!!
I dare you, in fact I double dog dare you to make, bake and eat these Spinach Cake Muffins.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbl spoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
I dare you to…
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and use paper liners or greased mini muffin pan.
- Place the applesauce, egg, vanilla, spinach, sugar, and oil in a food processor and puree until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor I’m sure a blender will work out fine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the spinach puree into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12 mins, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- transfer to wire rack to cool.
Now eat one and thank me later because you couldn’t taste the spinach, could ya?.