Last night the Hubbs and I were reminiscing on our skinny days and wishing we were there again as we shoveled french fries and and hamburgers into our mouths. You know whats crazy, Lee’s skinny days were when I was an 8 month pregnant fatty. How did he loose weight as I continues to stuff my face and watch my ass grow. Alright, enough about us and more about this delish soup my mom taught me to make. Its super easy and its very low cal. I like to call it my Skinny Jean Soup. I know…lame but whatev.
Ingredients: Disclaimer, don’t limit yourself to the amounts below use as little or as much or non at all.
- 2 32oz. boxed chicken broth (you can use the cubes too) use vegetable broth for a vegan version.
- 4 stalks chopped celery
- small chopped bok choy
- 1/2 small head of cabbage
- 4 diced carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic minced or garlic salt to taste
- 1 inch minced ginger
- dash of chili powder
- Salt to tast
- 1 cup red lentils
- package frozen peas
- In a large pot pour in the chicken broth turn it on med-low and combine all ingredients except lentils and peas.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 mins
- Add lentils and peas simmer for another 15 mins.
And your done
Additional ingredients to try: squash, zucchini, potato, shredded chicken